WhatsApp has finally updated the most talked about feature to hide the ‘Last Seen’ status on Android smartphones along with profile image and status. This feature was available for iPhones only, as of now Android users also got this option.
This new feature is available via the WhatsApp official website and you will have to change the settings menu to get this feature bit of tweaking in Settings menu to get it. Find below the guide to disable the ‘Last Seen’ on WhatsApp for Android:
- Your smartphone must have the updated version of Android 2.3 or above
- Go to the Settings menu and enable ‘Download from Unknown Sources’ in the Security tab
- After changing the settings Go to the WhatsApp official website and download the APK file available from http://www.whatsapp.com/download/
- After downloading the APK file to your device, tap on it. It will display two options – ‘Package Installer’ and ‘Verify and Install’; select the package installer
- You will see a message saying that this application will make changes to WhatsApp; allow it to alter the app. There is nothing to worry as all your WhatsApp data will remain safe.
- After installing the WhatsApp, select Setting → Account → Privacy. You will see the ‘Last Seen’ option here, with three options – Everyone, My Contacts and Nobody. Select the option as per your requirement
But there is a catch, when you stop others from seeing your ‘Last Seen’ on WhatsApp, you were not be able to see theirs “Last Seen either.
Under the Privacy menu there is also the options of restricting who can see your profile photo and status.
For the people who wants to hide “last seen” on their iPhone need to follow these steps:
1. Open WhatsApp and go to Chat Settings and select Advanced
2. Now turn toggle the ‘Last Seen Timestamp’ to ‘Off’
After changing the Last Seen status settings on WhatsApp for iPhones, you will not be able to change it again for the next 24 hours, whereas Android has no restrictions and you can change the setting as many times as you want on the same day.